Independent Research Firm Cites Ariba as a Leader in Sourcing and Vendor Management Tool Set Market
Company achieves top marks across workflow and integration metrics
SUNNYVALE, Calif., February 26, 2013 – Ariba, an SAP Company and the world’s business commerce network, today announced that it has been cited as a Leader in the market for Sourcing and Vendor Management (SVM) tool sets in “The Forrester Wave™: SVM Tool Set, Q1 2013” report by Forrester Research, Inc. The citation is based on the evaluation of its Ariba® Sourcing™, Ariba Contract Management™, Ariba Supplier Information and Performance Management™and Ariba Spend Visibility™solutions.
Designed to help SVM professionals select the ePurchasing solutions providers that have integrated, workflow-based SVM tool sets, the report evaluated 10 vendors against 18 criteria between September 2012 and October 2012.
According to the report, “Ariba's sourcing heritage is built on top of a best-of-breed workflow solution and its leading supplier network.” The report further noted:
- “Ariba provides a world-class SaaS sourcing suite built on a workflow foundation.”
- “Ariba's more than 17 years in the enterprise sourcing space has been built on a persistent focus on workflow design, which generated top marks across the workflow and integration metrics.”
- “Leveraging SAP's global enterprise influence, Ariba's strategy is to be the go-to on-demand solution for enterprise sourcing from SAP while channeling Ariba Network functionality deeper into SAP's offerings.”
“Strategic sourcing has advanced tremendously over the past decade as companies look to optimize supply decisions and award allocations across a globally distributed supply chain. Success requires leveraging advanced sourcing automation tools for sourcing efficiency and business networks to discover, qualify, and manage supply,” said Tim Minahan, Executive Vice President, Network Strategy and Chief Marketing Officer, Ariba. “The Ariba Network is the world’s largest open business transaction network, with nearly one million companies across 190 countries engaging in transactions worth more than $400 billion a year. By leveraging the network and Ariba’s suite of SVM solutions, companies can automate interactions with key trading partners to drive efficiency, mitigate risks and save on costs throughout the procure-to-pay cycle, ultimately leading to better buying decisions.”
Delivered on the Ariba Network, Ariba’s robust suite of SVM solutions, enables companies to:
- Buy smarter by enabling users to accurately analyze spending habits to be a stronger negotiator;
- Connect to a diverse network of high-quality suppliers to quickly discover collaborative partners who can lower costs for goods and services while minimizing risks;
- Complete contracting and procuring in ways that ensure compliance.
For more information on Ariba’s sourcing solutions and the value they can deliver for your organization, please visit www.ariba.com.
 The Forrester Wave™: SVM Tool Set, Q1 2013, Forrester Research, Inc., February 2013