Billing and Payment
Why You Got a Bill and How to Pay It
Thank you for doing business through Ariba Network. Thanks also for taking the time to handle the bill you received from us. Getting that bill means it’s time to renew your Ariba Network subscription, or pay it for the first time.
You have a subscription with fees because you’re doing a significant level of business on Ariba Network with at least one of your customers.
That tells us that the best way to support your business and e-commerce growth is to provide you with more than just basic services. That is, you can serve your customers better with additional collaboration capabilities and tools.
So, by paying your bill by its due date, you'll be ensuring the ongoing, high level of service your customers have come to expect when doing business with your company through Ariba Network.
How to Pay Your Bill
- Log in to your account with your ID and password.
- Find your company name in the top right corner and click on it.
- Click on Service Subscriptions.
- Click the Billing tab to view your invoice(s).
- Find the invoice you want to pay and click “Pay Invoice”.
- Select your payment method (credit card, check, or electronic settlement1) and click “Next”.
- Enter your credit card information, if applicable.
- Confirm your subscription package, if applicable.
- If paying by check or electronic settlement, download your invoice and submit to your disbursement process for payment.
If you need help, please call Ariba Customer Support. You'll find a list of phone numbers by region on this page.
Thanks again. Log into your account now.
1 Ariba Network subscribers can pay their fees with a credit card, electronic funds transfer (formatted as Fedwire, ACH, or SEPA), or check (payment options vary by region). However, for some small invoices, suppliers must pay via credit card. For a complete list of credit card thresholds by currency, click here.