Introducing the Ariba Open Platform
Globalization and digital transformation are placing new demands on your organization, requiring you to react rapidly to constantly changing business needs and market conditions. Shouldn't the technology you use be able to keep up with this revolution?
The Ariba Open Platform enables you to innovate with speed, agility, and flexibility, staying a step ahead of your competition. You can now extend your existing SAP Ariba solutions or create powerful new solutions to meet your domain-specific requirements, tailored to your unique needs.
The key components of the Ariba Open Platform are the Solution Extensions and Open APIs. In addition, you have self-service access to a Developer Portal with a rich set of developer resources and tools.
Solution extensions enable business users to extend existing Ariba solutions without needing IT or professional services. There are three types of solution extensions: UI extensions, schema extensions, and business process extensions.
With these extensions, you can:
- automate business processes faster, with the ease of drag-and-drop tools and out-of-the-box templates, without relying on external solution providers
- integrate your procurement business processes across multiple systems, including built-in applications
- empower business users in the organization to do more without waiting for IT support
- improve productivity and efficiency by accessing solutions developed by various solution providers across the globe through the Open APIs
The Open APIs empower our partners to build new apps and integrate with other solutions. Partners can leverage their deep domain knowledge to create domain-specific solutions to satisfy a customer’s unique needs. These could be solutions across technology, content, industry, or region.
Using Open APIs, our partners can:
- develop expertise to build apps and services to help businesses of all sizes across industry segments
- scale solutions easily and integrate with other enterprise cloud applications
- grow their businesses with access to a broad set of customers across the world’s largest network of buyers and suppliers
Pique your interest?
If you're interested in working with us on a compelling use case, please contact us. Email Hemanth Garg for more information. When you write, please include:
- A brief description of your idea or need
- Target customers
- Best way to contact you
Thanks. We look forward to collaborating with you.
This information reflects the status of SAP Ariba solution planning and strategy as of the date it was posted and should not be relied on for any purchase decision. The statements on this page is not binding upon SAP to any particular course of business, product strategy, and/or development. All future development and strategy may be changed by SAP at any time.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2016 SAP SE. All rights reserved.