Chapter 4: Instantaneous Intelligence Arrives
Information gets better, faster, more networked, more forward-looking ... and available right when you need it.
There are three ways the demand for high-quality business, risk, performance, and market intelligence gets met by 2020:
- The natural possessors of data get better at mining, analyzing, and shaping it into intelligence.
- Specialized niche organizations proliferate with the sole purpose of generating deep, usable intelligence.
- Online business communities continue to evolve, enabling secure intelligence-sharing among people, companies, supply networks, and industries.
To prepare, experts advise you to:
- Plan to be among the first to tap into collective business intelligence, reaping the greatest rewards.
- Accept that information-sharing happens, and create incentives and parameters that ensure secure, legal, consistent, and accurate sharing.
- Encourage data-possessing organizations to structure and transform it into usable intelligence, and think about valuing it as a commodity that can be sourced strategically.
2: The New Supply Management Emerges
After a big wave of procurement outsourcing, a different animal will be left standing.
4: Instantaneous Intelligence Arrives
Better, faster, more networked, more forward-looking ... and available right when you need it.
5: Collaboration Reigns
Buyers and sellers will work together on products, services, manpower, expertise, and new ideas.