Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
What is SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?SAP Ariba Start Sourcing, powered and supported by FreeMarkets® technology and services, is an intuitive, web-based RFX management tool that empowers you to create, execute, and manage sourcing events right from your desktop. It's cloud-based SaaS technology, delivered on demand.
What are the key features of SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?
- No monthly subscription fee
- RFX creation and management
- Integration with Ariba Discovery
- Competitive bidding
- Supplier profile and response management
- Communications and messaging
- Global and multi-lingual capabilities
- Multi-currency options
Why are you offering SAP Ariba Start Sourcing for free?Ariba Network is the modern marketplace for digital business, featuring more than more than 2 million enabled suppliers from around the world, eager to compete for your business. Quite frankly, we want to introduce you to this huge and growing community of suppliers, to help you reduce supply costs and risks while also encouraging new business for them.
How quickly can I expect to see some savings?SAP Ariba Start Sourcing customers have experienced average purchase price reductions of 17 percent in projects that run less than six weeks, from start to finish.
Will I receive product upgrades and updates automatically, and at no charge?Yes. Your free subscription is delivered as SaaS, on demand. So your SAP Ariba Start Sourcing solution is upgraded automatically at no charge whenever we issue major product releases and service packs.
Our legal department would like to make some changes to your subscription agreement. Is that possible?No, changes to the subscription agreement are not permitted. SAP Ariba's pricing structure does not allow for the maintenance of individual agreements for every SAP Ariba Start Sourcing customer.
Do you offer product training with SAP Ariba Start Sourcing?
Yes. You can receive expert training and education to learn the skills you'll need to use and drive successful adoption of SAP Ariba Start Sourcing within your company. Training resources include:
- User training – Basic user training sessions are pre-recorded, web-based tutorials focused on the tasks required to successfully use the service. Available in English, 24 hours per day.
- Supplier training – You can also provide training support for your suppliers. Supplier training sessions are also pre-recorded, web-based tutorials that can help them with the tasks required to successfully use the online service. Available in English, 24 hours per day.
Additional training may be purchased separately. Check out SAP Ariba University for course details, purchasing, and class registration. Or contact SAP Ariba Corporate Sales at (877) 476-5783 for more information.
I have read the FAQ and I still have questions. Who can I call?For more information, call (877) 476-5783, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.