Benchmarking: The first step to best-in-class
SAP Ariba now offers customers an opportunity to enroll in a world-class benchmarking program, one that more effectively helps participants...
- measure and compare solution adoption rates
- use empirical data to track performance
- identify the best ways to drive cost savings through greater efficiency and effectiveness
- build a success plan for improvement, with targets for internal initiatives
quantify the savings achieved through improved performance
The best way to assess performance objectively
The SAP Ariba Benchmark Program helps you assess your performance objectively by assimilating data from the following sources and putting it through a rigorous analytical engine:
- Pooled transaction data from across Ariba Network, the world’s largest business network
- Transaction data from your use of the application
- User-entered survey data
Combining the SAP Ariba Benchmark Program with SAP’s has created the largest benchmarking database in the world, one that includes more than...
- 15,000 participants
- 4,000 companies
- 60 business process assessments
- 2,500 KPIs
- 3,500 best practices
Taken all together, the resulting analysis provides you with the most objective way to assess your source-to-pay performance.
The SAP Ariba benchmarking program is unique in the industry and leverages both application and survey data to assess each participating organization’s procurement performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
What’s more, we can now compare your SAP Ariba performance with the performance of other parts of the business that are not leveraging your SAP Ariba solution. For example, if you’re a user of SAP Ariba solutions for strategic sourcing, and you still use another solution for part of your sourcing program, or perform some of your sourcing tasks manually, you can provide us with information about your non-SAP Ariba sourcing activities and we can show you how your performance compares with your peers in that regard.
- Aggregate Statistics Report: Provides key performance metrics across all customers and by industry groups for spend analysis, sourcing, contracts, and procurement for the current reporting cycle.
- Client-Specific Benchmark Report: Provides key performance metrics for a customer and how they compare against their peers for spend analysis, sourcing, contracts, and procurement based on the customer's chosen solution(s) and the customers participating in the benchmarking program. These reports are viewable only by the customer and their account manager.
- Category Insights Report: Provides the top ten categories being sourced, contracted, or procured across all participating customers and industry groups. For spend analysis we also report top commodities across all participating customers and by industry groups.
- Annual reporting cycle (or as needed)
- Adoption data is extracted for trailing 12 months from the start of the benchmarking program for the current fiscal year
- Adoption data is combined with survey data from SAP Value Lifecycle Management (VLM) to create benchmarking report
- Average time to release reports is two months from survey closure
How to enroll
- Read the SAP Ariba Benchmark Program Policy, and indicate your acceptance via email.
- Register and complete the survey on the SAP Value Lifecycle Manager. (The survey will appear after you register and can be completed later at your convenience.)
After receiving your acceptance via email, we be in touch with next steps. That will involve gathering two types of information:
- SAP Ariba Product Data: If you’re an on-premise customer, we’ll need about two hours of your time to extract the data. If you’re an on-demand customer, we’ll extract it with your consent.
- Benchmarking Survey: The survey has questions related to sourcing, procurement, working capital, and accounts payable. We estimate it will take you three-to-five hours to complete the survey.
We look forward to working with you. If you need more information before enrolling, CloudBenchmarking@sap.com.