São Paulo, Brasil, September 4, 2018 – Latin America is a hot bed of innovation. Technology startups like restaurant reservation service Restorando and online real estate marketplace Properati are shaking things up for consumers. SAP Ariba, the world’s largest business network, is changing the game for companies by helping them revolutionize the way buying and selling get done. Next month, leading companies from around the region will gather at SAP Forum Brasil 2018 to discuss how they are using the Ariba® Network and the cloud-based applications delivered on it to digitize their procurement operations and manage everything from sourcing and orders to invoicing and payment in a simple, smart and consumer-like way. The event will be held at the Transamerica Expo Center in São Paulo September 11-12.
“Latin America is officially wired, and procurement is no exception,” said Catalina Manrique, Vice President and General Manager, SAP Ariba Latin America. “In embracing digital networks and the technologies underlying them to power procurement, companies of all sizes, across industries are unleashing a new way of doing business that is fueling both innovation and competitive advantage region wide.”
More than 3.4 million companies – including nearly 350,000 in Latin America – are connected to the Ariba Network and use it to transact over $2.1 trillion in commerce on an annual basis. In the past 12 months, companies in Latin America alone have exchanged more than 700,000 purchase orders worth close to $106 billion and more than 1.2 million invoices valued at nearly $18 billion. Companies like:
- GPA, which has created a simple, compliant and consumer-like shopping experience that employees are happy to use while providing the transparency and traceability the company requires using SAP Ariba’s Guided Buying capabilities.
- Seguros Unimed, which is using SAP Ariba as the platform for its Digital + Project, an initiative designed to replace manual, paper-based processes with a modern digital platform for managing its entire source-to-settle process in a simple, integrated and intelligent way which has already generated efficiency gains with faster transaction cycles of up to 80 percent.
- Grupo Boticário, which is leveraging SAP Ariba solutions to drive an efficient digital process for managing its spend from end-to-end.
- Eletropaulo, which is using SAP Ariba since 2016 to more efficiently manage all of its procurement and contract processes and currently has more than 1,800 sourcing projects, 1,200 contracts and 1,500 supplier registrations on the platform.
- Grupo DPSP and J. Macêdo, who have implemented digital solutions to drive cost reduction, compliance, process improvement, working capital management and network collaboration.
- Kroton, which has transformed its e-business through SAP Ariba Sourcing.
- Votorantim Cimentos, which is using SAP Ariba to drive process efficiency and transform procurement.
To hear first-hand from these and other companies about how they are using SAP Ariba to move beyond simply automating tasks such as sourcing, contracts and invoicing using disconnected, point solutions and drive a unified process for managing all of their spend and trading relationships from end-to-end on a single, integrated platform, register today to attend SAP Forum Brasil. To learn more about SAP Ariba’s solutions and the value they can deliver for your organization, visit www.ariba.com.
About SAP Ariba
SAP Ariba is how companies connect to get business done. On the Ariba Network, buyers and suppliers from more than 3.4 million companies and 190 countries discover new opportunities, collaborate on transactions and grow their relationships. Buyers can manage the entire purchasing process, while controlling spending, finding new sources of savings and building a healthy supply chain. And suppliers can connect with profitable customers and efficiently scale existing relationships – simplifying sales cycles and improving cash control along the way. The result is a dynamic, digital marketplace, where over $2.1 trillion in commerce gets done every year.
To learn more about SAP Ariba, visit www.ariba.com
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable approximately 404,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
# # #
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2018 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.