What is a PunchOut catalog?
A PunchOut catalog is a catalog that resides on a supplier’s e-commerce site but is viewable by customers who are using their own company’s procurement applications to make purchases. It uses a tool that redirects buyers from their procurement app to the supplier’s website. From the supplier’s site, they can search for, compare, and select what they want to buy before returning their shopping cart items to their procurement app for approval and purchase.
With SAP Ariba Punchout, you can present current and customized shopping experiences to buyers who are browsing SAP Ariba catalogs. When they’re redirected to your website, your latest items, prices, and ordering options are displayed in real-time. With SAP Ariba PunchOut, you can:
- Present products and services with photos, co-branding, customized promotions, recommended selections, pre-negotiated pricing, and more
- Offer one-click shopping so you can receive and respond to orders faster
- Control the product information each customer sees, such as pricing, inventory, and branding
- Employ your merchandising team’s expertise to boost up-sells, cross-sells, and order quantity
- Conduct buyer-specific, closed-loop testing to ensure a seamless, tailored customer experience
- Offer quotes and custom SKUs for customers, with the ease of catalog shopping
SAP Ariba PunchOut is especially helpful if you sell complex, service-oriented, or highly configurable product offerings; have large catalogs with many SKUs and line items; sell goods that require constant updates on price, description, and content; or have a high number of transactions.
Read case study
Using Ariba PunchOut to replace a customer’s CIF catalog helped us increase sales by 300% in three years while saving the customer hundreds of thousands of dollars – a true win-win.