|Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd.||Wholesale distribution||7,200||US$3.16 billion|
Every day, millions of consumers buy and use goods in packaging designed, developed, and produced or supplied by Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd. The company is engaged in the design and manufacture of packaging products such as glass bottles, beverage cans, corrugated boxes, recycled paper, multi-walled paper bags, and point-of-purchase displays.
Wanting to digitalize end-to-end source-to-settle processes, Orora embarked on its procurement transformation journey. With strong stakeholder engagement key to achieving widespread user acceptance, Orora sought expert help to facilitate strong end-user engagement and input in the design and development of its new systems.
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Digitalize end-to-end source-to-pay processes and realize strong user adoption
- Facilitate strong end-user engagement and input in the design and development phase, responding quickly to new user requirements
- Adopt a staggered rollout approach and support an iterative process, helping resolve functionality issues before onboarding new sites
- SAP Ariba solutions’ reputation for and leadership in source-to-pay process simplification
- Ability to collaborate with procurement experts from SAP Ariba Services for SAP Ariba solutions, creating one team to focus on strong stakeholder engagement and satisfying end-user requirements
- A scalable and flexible delivery framework using the SAP Activate methodology
After: Value-Driven Results
- Digitalized buying processes from source to settle, rolling out SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite across 60 sites and almost 600 users across Australia and New Zealand, on time and on budget
- Achieved universal end-user adoption, thanks to strong change management processes and increased visibility into the design process – approaching the deployment holistically as a people, processes, and systems transformation
- Gained strong stakeholder engagement and established a framework for future implementations
With the support of SAP Ariba services, we rolled out the suite of SAP Ariba solutions and achieved universal adoption, helping ensure procurement plays a strong strategic role in our business.Anoop Thakur General Manager of Procurement, Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd.
Featured Solutions and Services
Services for Buyers
Before and after deployment, SAP Ariba Services provide support for change management, adoption, connectivity, and much more.Services for Buyers
Strategic Sourcing Solutions
Discover qualified suppliers, speed up your sourcing cycles, and create the most competitive, best-value agreements for sustainable savings with all your sourcing needs.See strategic sourcing portfolio
Ariba Network is now SAP Business Network, the world's largest business network and a dynamic, digital marketplace where companies connect to get business done.SAP Business Network