If you need to transact business with a lot of customers on Ariba Network, you’ll find it most efficient if you integrate your transaction processing systems with Ariba Network. It’s optional but will go a long toward helping you automate and streamline your business commerce transactions.
Simply put, electronic integration is automatic, two-way communication between your business applications and your customer’s, via Ariba Network.
When your systems are integrated with SAP Ariba:
- Your customer’s purchase orders automatically appear in your order processing system
- Your customer automatically receives a shipping notice when you send an order
- Your accounts receivable system sends invoices automatically to your customer’s accounts payable system
It’s easy to imagine the benefits your company can derive from transacting business this way.
- 45 to 65 percent more accurate
- 60 to 75 percent less costly
- More satisfying to your customers
- More likely to help retain your customers
And when communications are faster and more accurate, you can receive payment faster, too. Suppliers who are electronically integrated with Ariba Network enjoy, on average, a 15 to 20 percent reduction in days sales outstanding.
There are other ways to connect with your customers — for example, by establishing a direct, one-to-one electronic connection. But when you’re electronically integrated with Ariba Network:
- It’s much easier to connect with all the large buying organizations on Ariba Network
- In the event of a dispute, both you and your customer can log in and view the same document at the same time
- You can access testing and debugging tools to test your catalogs, PunchOut site, and more
- You get support for all the transaction types you and your customers may need